Re: [SLE] NVidia +Sax2 +GLX - Cannot enable 3D - ?SOLVED?
  • From: "Sylvanus A. Currie" <sylvanus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 00:49:52 +0100
I downloaded and installed the latest SuSE specific drivers from NVIDIA
(1.0-3123).
with no improvement

I then installed the tar.gz versions and ran switch2nvidia
then switch2nvidia_glx.
switch2nvidia_glx failed complaining about the NVIDIA_kernel package and
suggesting a re-install.

I did this for both NVIDIA_kernel.*.rpm and NVIDIA_GLX.*.rpm

As root (not su) I then ran "startx -- -logverbose 5 -verbose 5" intending to
capture further error messages.
Imagine my surprise when KDE started successfully! :)

Preliminary investigation shows that the tar.gz version of the GLX package
contains X11 library files which were not in the SuSE versions of the binary
rpms.

Am I right?
Should I forward this message to anyone else?

Now that I have working 3D - evidenced by superfast "gears" can someone tell
me the usual command to collect GL performance stats?

Thanks to all who contributed - THIS LIST RULES! :)

--
Twist it, stomp it, bounce it, shake it
'Cos you know the vibe is what you make it

  • No further messages