Re: [SLE] Print an incoming FAX - Using Procmail?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:15:07 +0200 (CEST)

Jethro,

procmail is a "mail processor". When sendmail (or postfix or whatever)
proceses incoming mail (even if fetched with fetchmail from pop3 or imap
accounts), it will pass the mail to procmail for each user that has a
.procmail file. It is very powerfull, I use it to put the mail I fetch
from different accounts into diferent mailboxes, separate mail-list, etc.

I would recomend you to have a look at its manual page and the examples
manual page (man procmailex). There are some examples somewhat similar to
your case:

excerpt+++
The following recipe prints every incoming mail that looks like a postscript file.

:0 Bb
* ^^%!
| lpr

The following recipe does the same, but is a bit more selective. It only prints the
postscript file if it comes from the print-server. The first condition matches only if it
is found in the header. The second condition only matches at the start of the body.

:0 b
* ^From[ :].*print-server
* B ?? ^^%!
| lpr

The same as above, but now by slightly different means:

:0
* ^From[ :].*print-server
{
:0 B b
* ^^%!
| lpr
}

Likewise:

:0 HB b
* ^^(.+$)*From[ :].*print-server
| lpr
++-

Also, look up the word "fax" on the sdb. The query pops up with some
programs to do conversions from/to fax formats, and client/server
software.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson