Configuring SuSE for IPV6
  • From: Z_God <zeldario@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 22:46:23 +0200
My ISP just started to support IPV6 and I want to configure my computers (that
support IPV6) to use it. I've got one pc functioning with SuSE Linux 7.3 as a
router/firewall with SuSEfirewall2. The clients use SuSE Linux 8.0 and
Windows 98.
I guess I first need to get IPV6 to work inside my lan (between SuSE Linux 8.0
and router, because Windows 98 doesn't support IPV6), but I haven't got a
single clue how to do it. In all the configuration files and dialoges you
only get configuration fields for IPV4 adresses.
What do I need to do to get IPV6 to work inside my lan?
After I've got it to work in my lan, I suppose I need to configure
SuSEfirewall2 to support IPV6.
My ISP offers me a range of IPV6 adresses. Will it be possible to assign those
to different computers in my network? I currently only have 1 IPV4 adress.
Please help me. Thanks in advance!