Re: [SLE] Kernel tuning
  • From: Christopher Mahmood <ckm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:24:33 -0700
* Michael Grau (m.grau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [021002 12:06]:
> Does someone have a recommendation for tuning Suse for a web server
> using sysctl.conf and/or other recommendations?

/usr/srch/linux/filesystems/proc.txt but there's some good stuff
here too: http://linuxperf.nl.linux.org/

> I'm guessing this is because I'm running out of file descriptors.
> file-max, threads-max, inode-max? and other parameter suggestions
> appreciated!

The logs will tell you. You can also see in /proc/sys/fs/file-nr:
the first field is the number of allocated fd, the second is the
number is use, and the third is the kernel maximum (the default is
far too low for a server usually).

--

-ckm