Re: [SLE] login server
On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 13:53, Elric Scott wrote:

> You could always set up an NIS server, and then activate the NIS clients
> on each node, then you have one central password server that controls
> access to the rest of the nodes.

Just please use tcpwrappers if you plan on using NIS.

NIS itself is not the most secure protocol but in use along side with
tcpwrappers I have not seen problems with its use.

--
Johnathan Bailes BAE Systems ESI

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn
---