Re: [SLE] Linux Login?
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:57:34 +0100
In a previous message, James.Rocks@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have to build my system manually due to my GeForce2 MX 400 card (the
> normal SuSE install simply can't handle it ... on my machine at any rate)

Odd - I found that SuSE handled my GeForce2 MX 400 with no problems
(versions 7.3 and now 8.1). I did, however, have problems getting a monitor
definition that worked - the correct one (from manufacturer's disk) produced
no valid modes (it seemed to calculate vertical frequencies of thousands of
kHz). And this was with an Iiyama monitor. Are you sure it's the card?

As for the graphical logon - SuSE uses kdm by default, but you should be
able to use any other (gdm is certainly also there).

HTH,

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games