Re: [SLE] 8.1 up and running ....
  • From: Derek Fountain <fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:43:39 +0100
> do not try to update an existing installation! It stalled twenty times
> before I finally decided to do a clean install. I wonder if I will live
> to see this getting better.

I did an upgrade from 8.0, and it was the first SuSE upgrade I've ever done.
I figured it was worth a try. I got about 15 emails pointing to config files
which needed attention (or at least a decision on my part), but other than
that it went completely smoothly. I was seriously impressed.

--
3:40pm up 8:17, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.03