Mounting problem with SuSE 8.1
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:16:02 +0100
I've just been trying to mount a CD under SuSE 8.1 and it won't do it. It
gives an Input/Output error and complains that it can't identify the
filesystem. The CD is the MS Office CD (I'm installing Office under
CrossoverOffice) and it worked perfectly well under SuSE 7.3. When logged in
as root, the error is "You must specify the filesystem type".

/etc/fstab lists the cd drives as it did under 7.3, with the filesystem as
auto in each case (cdrom and dvd both refer to the dvd drive, and there's
also cdrecorder, which refers to the CD-RW drive).

Can anyone give me pointers?

TiA,

John
--