Metacity question
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:30:45 +0100
Having installed SuSE 8.1 and Gnome2, I now hve metacity installed as the
default wm. However, it has one very irritating feature - when a window
gains the input focus, it pops to the front. Is there any way to disable
this? I've tried to find info on the net to no avail.

I've no particular religious devotion to any wm, but I *hate* this feature,
because it makes it so hard to work with windows. I might just go back to
sawfish...

As an aside, and anticipating a positive response - does anyone know of a
metacity theme that places the close icon on the top left of the window?

TiA,

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games