Re: [SLE] Password authentication and ssh
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <cousin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:05:19 +0200

Le Mardi 1 Octobre 2002 21:50, Alfredo Cole a écrit :
> I have noticed that if I create a shortcut on my KDE desktop, and
> enter the command to be excuted as "ssh -X -f myhost myprogram", SuSE
> will pop up a small window so that I can enter my password. I'm using
> SuSE 7.2 and KDE 2.2, and also have another box with SuSE 8 and KDE
> 3, and they both behave the same. However, a box running Mandrake 8.2
> will not pop up the window. Which part of KDE is responsible for this
> behavior?

Having a look at the toolkit used, I can say it has nothing to do with KDE
(or Gnome, for that matters). It's probably a SSH feature.
Maybe Mandrake disabled it, at compile time or just in a config file. I'm
not sure, but play with the option "PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt" in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config on server side. This option is for "PAM
keyboard-interactive authentication". Maybe what you want.

- --
Thibaut Cousin
email : cousin@xxxxxxxx
web : http://clrwww.in2p3.fr