Re: [SLE] SuSe Firewalling and protecting against hackers
  • From: "Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 13:31:38 +0800
PUTH CHAN CHOTH wrote:

Well, I would like to give all ny /etc/rc.config.d/firewall.rc.config like the
following:

START_FW="yes"
FW_DEV_WORLD="eth1"
FW_DEV_INT="eth0"
FW_DEV_EXT="eth1"
FW_ROUTE="yes"
FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="25 80"
FW_SERVICES_INT_TCP="22 25 53 80 110 3128"
FW_SERVICES_INT_UDP="53"
FW_SERVICE_DNS="yes"
FW_STOP_KEEP_ROUTING_STATE="yes"
FW_ALLOW_INCOMING_HIGHPORTS_UDP="yes"

And then when I type: SuSEfirewall start and then my LAN cannot access to the Internet
and I do not know why? Would you mind to tell me what can I do to make this firewall
up and running? Thank you so much for your assistance.

You should also be masquerading and it needs to know what network it is masq. Comments are for reading. ;-)

--
Joe & Sesil Morris
New Tribes Mission

< Previous Next >