Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.1 Pro which filesystem to use ?
  • From: gilson redrick <gilsonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 21:39:22 -0400
On Tuesday, 01 October 2002 18:21, you wrote:
> I've been using reiserfs for a while and it seems to perform good. I don't
> believe I've lost a file yet with the locks I've had on my machine. I
> don't think it is as fast as ext2 though.

Hi!

Linux Magazine, October 2002: Steve Best, discussing Journaling File Systems:
page 27: The downside of Ext3? It's an add-on to Ext2, so it still has the
same limitations that Ext2 has. Then, page 28: One of the unique advantages
of ReiserFS is support for /small/ files -- lots and lots of small files ....
ReiserFS is about eight to fifteen times faster than Ext2 at handling files
smaller than 1K.

On the same page, there are tables comparing Ext3, ReiserFS, XFS and JFS.

--
Regards,
gr