Re: [SLE] bcm5700.o certified SuSE SMP driver issue
  • From: Christopher Mahmood <ckm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:27:31 -0700
* Johnathan Bailes (johnathan.bailes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [021001 14:05]:
> No. There is no other device using the IRQ 10 that I could tell. Is
> there an easy way to check for conflicting IRQs?

cat /proc/interrupts

> Also, as an added note I have three boxes acting the very same way.
>
> It would be very odd if three of the them had the same IRQ conflict.
> Not saying that it could not be the case.

Possible, but yes it's unlikely. I just looked at your ifconfig
output again and it looks like the card is set at 100bT, not 1000bT.
This card cannot be forced into gigabit mode, it can only get it
from autonegotiation (at least that's how it used to be, might be
worth looking at the code). Let me guess, a Cisco switch?

--

-ckm

< Previous Next >