Password authentication and ssh
  • From: Alfredo Cole <alfredo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:50:49 -0600

Hi:

I have noticed that if I create a shortcut on my KDE desktop, and
enter the command to be excuted as "ssh -X -f myhost myprogram", SuSE
will pop up a small window so that I can enter my password. I'm using
SuSE 7.2 and KDE 2.2, and also have another box with SuSE 8 and KDE
3, and they both behave the same. However, a box running Mandrake 8.2
will not pop up the window. Which part of KDE is responsible for this
behavior?

Thank you.

- --
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com (Accounting Systems)
http://www.clshonduras.com (Linux Hardware)
PGP Key available from certserver.pgp.com