/usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup and xconsole
  • From: John Lamb <J.D.Lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:31:13 +0100
I'm trying to get my xconsole back on the KDE desktop. My /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup contains the lines
==
#
# Only for display :0 we have to set up the xconsole to be
# sure that the system messages are visible.
#
case "$DISPLAY" in
:0|:0.0) ;;
*) exit 0 ;;
esac

#
# The geometry of xconsole is set in the Xresource file.
#
(
exec setsid $xconsole -notify -nostdin -verbose -exitOnFail
) & echo $! > /var/run/xconsole.pid

exit 0
==
These should start xconsole. In fact it flashes very briefly on the screen sometimes just before KDE starts. If I run a script with these line in after starting KDE I get an xconsole as desired.

Suggestions please. I like my xconsole :-)

JDL