Re: Fwd: Re: [SLE] how to get vsftpd running
  • From: jaakko tamminen <jaakko.tamminen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:47:02 +0300
Hi

When You have this line in inetd.conf
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd vsftpd

And You reboot (or do "rcinetd restar" as root), this change comes into
effect.

If You have enable the inetd for that runlevel, it is waiting for connections.

Actually inetd daemon sees the connection request, looks for what port is that
request made (have a look at /etc/services), then looks if there is a server
configure in inetd.conf to serve that request (service-name from
/etc/services). If so, it start it... In this case with command
"/usr/sbin/tcpd vsftpd".

Jaska.