formatting raid 0 system with ext2
One of my 2 pc is composed by an Abit Kr7a 133 raid 133. I installed 2
Maxtor 60 gb on HPT 372 raid ide controller. I created a raid 0 system. I
tried to install Win XP and everything works. When instead I try to format
ext2 partition it fails! It does not metter if the hd's are in raid or not.
It depends only on the fact they are plugged to raid controller. when i plug
them on the normal ide controller the operation succeeds. I try to format
both using Suse installation dvd and by Partition Magic 6 from inside Win
XP. In both cases it can only format swap partition.
Mobo Bios is a modded one with a version of HPT controller bios supporting
linux. Now I'm trying to flash it again with the last abit version that
comprehends it too.
Can anyone help me to use raid 0 with linux?

THNX

Blackimp

  • No further messages