Recording Real Audio streams?
  • From: Preston Crawford <prestonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:19:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying to use vsound to record audio
from NPR's All Things Considered. I never have time to listen to the show
live and in its entirety, so I want to download it nightly and listen to
it the next day. Problem is, there are no downloadable archives, unless
you use Audible.com, which is Windows only. So I'm trying to use vsound to
record the streams off of NPR's site in concert with real player. Problem
is that the streams are in .smil format. The streamed archives are broken
into chunks and when it moves on to the next chunk on the show it resets
the output file. Has anyone tried anything like this and does anyone have
an idea how to do this?

Preston