Re: [SLE] i845G chipset ???
  • From: "Michael D. Schleif" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:29:43 -0500

Chris Geske wrote:

> I'm running SuSE 8.0. The 2.4.18 kernel worked, but the drivers are missing
> for ICH4, and the computer was ridiculously slow. So I figured I run the
> latest beta Kernel 2.5.31, and worked great. For a beta Kernel, I'm
> impressed.
>
> Kernel 2.4.19 has drivers for the ICH4.

Research pointed to minimum 2.4.19 kernel.

I do not see that kernel on the ftp sites for any version SuSE.

What is the SuSE way for dealing with this kernel. Need I compile it
myself? Is there some wrapper program, like debian's make-kpkg?

Being new to SuSE and working with sles I want to do everything the SuSE
way ;>

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know. The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .