Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.1 Pro (Update) just arrived in UK
  • From: Anthony Moulen <ajmoulen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:49:14 -0400
On Tuesday 01 October 2002 08:31 am, Kevin.Lisciotti@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> How about posting a review once you get it installed. I'm interested to
> know what kind of progress SuSE has made in the Wireless configuration
> area ;)

I have 8.1 installed now with wireless. They did a better job but still not a
great job. It doesn't accept the DHCP options in your networking scripts so
you have to copy the DHCP options from the dhcp configuation (in
/etc/sysconfig/network) into your ifcfg-pcmcia-0 (assuming you are on a
laptop with a pcmcia wireless card). Once you do this it works well.