Re: [SLE] SuSe Firewalling and protecting against hackers
  • From: PUTH CHAN CHOTH <choth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:27:17 +0700
Dear Gurus,

When I do what I said and then I fire the following command:
$ /sbin/SuSEfirewall start
and it says:
The firewall script needs to know the external (internet) interface!
SuSEfirewall: clearing rules now ... done

How to clear the firewall, I means when I use ipchains I fire the command:
$ipchains -F
$ipchains -X
But what about SuSe is it
$ /sbin/SuSEfirewall stop

How can I know that when I use this firewall and my ports are not open to the
outside world again? Thank you so much for your assistance.

Regards,

Choth