Re: [SLE] md5 does not work
  • From: Susan Buczak <sbuczak2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:51:13 -0400
Christopher, no hurt intended truly because it's not your fault, but the very first thing i did was follow your directions to the tee.

They didn't work, so I went back into the pam docs and read some more, it says in there more stuff than you mentioned so I took care of that also.

It's still crypt.

This is version 8 what version are you on? this one is different i hear, yast is a big part of it not just a little config item, a big config item. and if it doesn't work properly it's a big problem.

all the lit, it tells you how to do stuff, but when you do it, nothing changes. yast is very reluctant to let go or something.

maybe I should try rebooting it or something... I have read massive amounts of info about this stuff over the past several months, i have a pretty good idea of what i'm doing. It takes me about 10 minutes on a Redhat system to successfully make the security adjustments that are now in their 48th hour of attempt on a suse system. not really cool Chris.