RE: [SLE] Complaints about 8.0
  • From: "Tom Nielsen" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:14:57 -0700
Being a newbie and having upgraded from 7.3 to 8.0, I have to say that while
a couple things have been trying, all around the attitude is good and the
latest edition is very clean. I can only imagine...again because I'm a
newbie...that with all the variables in Linux, things are going to go wrong
here and there. But then again, I had the same number of issues after
upgrading everyone's Win98 machine to Win2k here at the office. I'd like to
put SuSe on all machines, but I don't have the patients to hold everyone's
hand thru the learning stage.

Lists are not for posting positive comments...we would like them to be, but
realistically they're here for people that have problems. So if you judge a
program by a group like this, then all you're going to hear is the downside.
After a couple hours fixing some problems, my 8.0 works great. I have a
couple more hours of tweaking, but that's OK.

I think what we need to do is, for all those that have had an easy time with
fresh installs or upgrades, speak out, if only to say...Works great!

2-cents.

Tom