Availability of Pro 8.0 in Canada
  • From: gjmwalsh@xxxxxxxxxxxx (George Walsh)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:44:19 -0400
I have again been informed that update for my 7.3 to level 8.0 has been backordered, this in spite of the SuSE site showing that 8.0 is now shipping and that many SuSE users - literally around the globe - have taken delivery, not to mention retailers.

And also of interest is the listing for SuSE 8.0 in good old amazon.com to which reference was made yesterday. There is a little patch of fine print there which says that it cannot be shipped to Canada, so I presume - in spite of losing 4 soldiers to 'friendly fire' - we are now engraved on some paranoid terrorist list.

Anyone else in the True North fare any better?

All I can elicit from SuSE (via digitalriver.com) is they are sorry but they don't know when, but they wont charge me until they ship. I thought that was rather sporty of them :-)

George

--
George Walsh,
Managing Director,