Re: [SLE] Yast2 BUG
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:20:13 +0300
* Keith Winston; <kwinston@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 30 Apr, 2002 wrote:
On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 11:44:09AM -0500, kevin.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is the crux of the problem...since the change from rc.config to the
"new boot concept" where did the startup switches go to?

[Remember in rc.config]

START_HTTPD="yes"
START_NAMED="yes" (START_BIND..DONT REMEMBER OFF-HAND)

Ah, yes, I remember, although the runlevel editor was introduced in
either 7.2 or 7.3. I know it was in 7.3. Really, the new way is much
more standard than having START variables in /etc/rc.config. The
runlevel editor is covered in the manuals in the boxed set, but I don't
remember if it was listed in the update from 7.3 to 8.0 section.

according to support database

http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/rc-sysconfig-8-0.html

find /etc/sysconfig -type f | xargs grep KBD_NUMLOCK
will find the file which has the KBD_NUMLOCK feature :-)

also http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/mmj_network80.html (as it was posted
earlier by Mads) describes the new settings

Now back to my reading to discover new and not liked YaST2 features (so
far it looks I am administering Win 2K click next please and honest I
have bever used yast2 and actuallynever installed this time looks I have
to :-(

--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer