Re: [SLE] Fonts?
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:03:40 +0300
* Nick Selby; <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 30 Apr, 2002 wrote:
At 11:08 AM 4/30/2002 -0400, you wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. I would like to add true type fonts to StarOffice 5.2 to allow it to display the same fonts that most people use in the Word and PowerPoint documents they send me. I HAVE got TT fonts installed under KDE and they work for a variety of apps under that including konqueror and text editors. But not under SO.

Well the easiest way is to use Kfontinst program to generate the AFM
fonts that is needed by Staroffice 5.2 which will place the generated
AFM font definitions under /opt/office52/share/xp3/fontmetrics/afm and
also modify the /opt/office52/share/xp3/psstd.fonts so the printer will
be able to use these fonts.

I would do a backup of these directories and then use Kfontinst for the
font conversion.

HTH

--
Togan Muftuoglu