Re: [SLE] How to install single packages on hard drive
  • From: "Andrés A. Nogueiras Meléndez" <aaugusto@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:23:29 +0200
Oliver Fuchs wrote:

Hi all,
I have a question (sure):
Suse Pro 8.0, Yast - where is the possibility to choose and install single packages
from a locale directory? In Yast1 SuSE Pro 7.3 there was this possibility?

**** Below a joke ****
Unfortunately for us, the plain world users, this feature was removed by a beatiful-windows-looks-better-than-plain-text guru.
**** Above a joke ****

Well, I'm using this _GREAT_ feature also since SuSE-5.6. But now I have too discovered that it is missing in Yast2.
I have complained about this fact at :

mailto:feedback@xxxxxxxx

and they reply-me two times: one 'automatic' acknoleging that the email has arrived and one 'by human' saying they have readed the email and will take this suggestion...

I kindly suggest you to take the same steps and other people in the list that miss this feature also to complain at feedback.

I hope that is just a module to add to Yast2. SuSE team has decided to drop development of Yast(1).

Best regards,
--
[ Prof. Andres Augusto Nogueiras Melendez ]