Re: [SLE] reconfiguring TeX memory requirements
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:14:27 +0300
Hi Chris,

* Christopher Mahmood; <ckm@xxxxxxxx> on 29 Apr, 2002 wrote:
It should. Which main_memory* variables did you change in
/etc/tex/texmf.cnf? All the SuSEconfig script does (that's relevant
to this) is run 'texconfig init'

Based on what I am reading in the docbook-apps mailinglist setting
passivetex is a pain in the neck process but most of the problems other
people complain about their jadetex and pdfjadetex do not exist on my
system ( guess I am using SuSE and that makes a difference :-) ). I have
used the passivetex and xmltex rpms from 7.3 to be used in my 7.2 system
and based on the texmf configuration from the latest TeX Live CD I have
the following part added to my /etc/texmf.cnf. I have tried to change
the relative parts also without the xmltex and pdfxmltex suffixes ie.
main_memory =1500000 but that fails also.
So somewhere I am missing something that I do not see. So here is the
added parts.

% taken from TeXLive CD xmltex and pdfxmltex part
TEXINPUTS.xmltex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{xmltex,latex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.pdfxmltex = .;$TEXMF/{pdftex,tex}/{xmltex,latex,generic,}//

% for xmltex and pdfxmltex taken from TeX Live CD
TEXPSHEADERS.pdfxmltex = .;$TEXMF/{dvips,pdftex,tex,fonts/type1}//

% These are taken from TeX Live CD for xmltex and pdfxmltex
main_memory.xmltex = 1500000
param_size.xmltex = 1500
stack_size.xmltex = 1500
hash_extra.xmltex = 50000