musings on 8.0
  • From: <jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:10:36 -0400
okies, got 8.0 installed w/ much less trauma than expected.So that's very nice
The system update also went very quickly... There are a few strange things,
for instance ,the first "jarring" bit is NO floppies, even tho the packaged
books refer to them as being "in the box" install floppy and , I'm guessing a
modules floppy. and tehn there's this:
although it finds both the ide cdrecorder ( as it's designated) and the scsi
cdrom , it refuses to play music from the cdrecorder, and that is the one w/
the sound card installed on it ( well, it only makes sense if you ever want
to check the sound I supose. but as 7.3 never could decide which one ought to
do what ( fortunately, xcdroast sorted them pretty quickly, but that
apparent;y is not something I can pass to the cd player(s) , apparently.
I love the neat backgrounds guys ...
genral kudos to the team that must've sweated blood to have so much work out
of the box , and thank goodness, no more of that stupid kinternet icon.(
especially as it isn't needed here. <G>)
Either I'm more easily pleased , or it's a great product. And there are enough
fixes in it to make it definatly worth the price. But , I join in hte general
condemnation of no more stickers... <sigh> Please, SuSE, don't loose your
playful streek. It's very endeering <G>

< Previous Next >