Re: [SLE] problems with KVM switches.. losing mouse control on 8.0
  • From: Ron Joffe <rjoffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:29:40 -0400
I have a similar issue. I have a Belkin SOHO 4 port ps/2 KVM. I have four
machines hooked up to it, 1&2 are dell servers, 3 is a dell workstation, and
4 is an IBM Thinkpad (all run Suse 7.2 and 7.3) (will run 8.0 later this week
hopefully :). When I switch to the servers, I lose control of my mouse,
switching to tty1, and then back to tty7 cures the problems for the server.
The workstation functions perfectly, and the only problem with the thinkpad
is that for the life of me I can't get the scroll wheel working.

I talked with the folks at belkin, and they said that the main issue is that
the kvm switch takes the mouse and emulates a standard mouse to each of the
connected machines. So the issue may very well be driver/port compatibility
to whatever type of emulation Belkin uses. They said they had a solution for
winders boxes, and that was to load their own mouse driver. But they didn't
have much of a clue about a solution for other os's.

Ron

--
Ron Joffe
rjoffe@xxxxxxxxx