7.1 -> 8.0
  • From: babu walad <vyav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:39:49 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I did a fresh install over my "old" 7.1 this
weekend and I must say things went extremely well!
Wheel mouse was properly recognized as was my 3DLabs
video card and monitor. Just had to do a little
tweeking
with the size and refresh rates. TV card seems to have
been recognized though I havev not tested it yet.

All in all a major step forward and really very much
less effort to get up and running. About an hour.

However, there are a few things I still need to work
on.

I can boot using Yast2, but there seems to be
something
wrong with the way I installed lilo on floppy.

Another big issue for me is Suse 8.0 still does not
seem to have recognized my MegaRAID controller
correctly and I still cannot use my RAID array. Any
help on how to proceed to get this working would be
greatly appreciated. I know some people got it working
with 7.3 so one would think it should work with 8.0.

Another think I noticed is it shows my Maxtor IDE
drives with DMA on but my Seagate IDE drive with DMA
off. Can I turn the Seagate IDE DMA on with no loss
of data?

Thanks for your help.

Babu