Re: [SLE] OpenOffice.org and SuSE
  • From: Joe Sullivan <flamester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:13:56 +0200
On Monday 29 April 2002 17:48, Daniel Rees wrote:
> I note that there are now Debian packages available for OpenOffice.org
> 641d, and that OpenOffice is due to go 1.0 pretty soon, in time for 8.1
> presumably. Will SuSE 8.1 be shipping with OpenOffice as well as StarOffice
> 6.0, one of the two, or has this not been decided/thought about yet?

I'm not a SuSE staffer, but...

Since 8.0 had OpenOffice, I'd suspect it'll come in 8.1 as well. No point in
taking out useful programs, right?

But I also read StarOffice 6.0 didn't come with SuSE because it COSTS. Which
would mean a more expensive SuSE distro.

Personally, I don't want that. And I hope SuSE sticks with not distributing
it. If I want Star Office, I'll pay for it separately, but I don't want it
forced on me just to get SuSE 8.1.

Joe
The surgeon general has determined that
using Microsoft products may be hazardous
to your wallet. And your computer.