Re: Converting Albums to MP3
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Oliver Ob wrote:

oo> > > I want to convert my record collection MP3 and I am looking for a way
oo> > > to do it. Somewhere in my memory is a program that will record what
oo>
oo> What I am after is that if I copy say 90 min of sound to
oo> say maybe 10 splitted wav tracks, I want to convert them
oo> all (all 10 in one directory) to 10 mp3 files in one command
oo> on the console. i am trying to write me sort of a mp3_2_wav script,
oo> but yet it does not work.
oo>
oo> so before i go like reinventing wheels here, has someone such
oo> a script (no x, just console script!) that maybe uses the
oo> mpq123 -w option?
oo>

Unfortunately, you won't find it to be that simple and get a good
quality sound file out of it.
Try the following website(s), they explain how you would connect your
audio (casset player or record player) to your sound card so the Line-out
of the audio component can be recorded through the Line-in of your sound
card. Thus creating wav files that can be easily converted to mp3 files.

http://mp3.barolyn.com/info/rec-tapes.html
http://www.charlotteappleclub.org/reference/005.html

A friend of mine from work has done this with good results.

oo> > I suppose that automatically identifying the pauses and separating the
oo> > numbers into individual files is possible with DAP, but I have not
oo> > investigated this.
oo>
oo> Regards, olli
oo>