Re: [SLE] Converting Albums to MP3
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:46:14 +0200
On Saturday 27 April 2002 19:27, Oliver Ob wrote:
> What I am after is that if I copy say 90 min of sound to
> say maybe 10 splitted wav tracks, I want to convert them
> all (all 10 in one directory) to 10 mp3 files in one command
> on the console. i am trying to write me sort of a mp3_2_wav script,
> but yet it does not work.
>
> so before i go like reinventing wheels here, has someone such
> a script (no x, just console script!) that maybe uses the
> mpq123 -w option?

hm. Did you want mp32wav or wav2mp3? -w, AFAIK, creates wav files from mp3

With lame, you could do something like

for i in *.wav; do
lame $i
done

Have you looked at ogg? It is a better format (smaller files, better quality)
and it's free, and there are players for most (all?) environments. oggenc can
also handle multiple input files.

Anders