what advantages using a nameserver
  • From: steve <fsanta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:23:25 +0200
The SuSE documentation says that 'it makes absolute sense to use a nameserver
if you have squid running' OWTTE, so I went through the chore of writing a
nameserver according to the bind documentation.and the helios earth example
in the SuSE manual a few weeks ago for our small school 22 computer lan with
samba and a mix of w98 and 7.3 boxes. Before that we just put the client
names in /etc/hosts. I can see no advantage in having spent so much time in
doing so. What are the advantages?

Thanks, Steve.