Port Replicators, Dell Inspirons, and Linux
  • From: neal mcdermott <neamcd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:36:55 -0700
Hi All,

I am thinking about getting a port replicator or docking station for my Dell
Inspiron 3500 laptop. I have SuSE Personal Edition 8.0 installed on it.

Does anyone know if it is a complicated process getting a port replicator to
work with Linux? I am pretty new to computers in general, and do not know
whether this is a situation that will require drivers that may or may not
have been written, or if it is a difficult thing to get running or not.

Hard or Easy? That is my main question.

Thanks.

Neal McDermott