Re: [SLE] Computer Language...
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:29:02 +0200
On Friday 26 April 2002 15:22, Michael Garabedian wrote:
> Is there anything else?

Oh my :)

There are several hundred programming languages out there, some for general
use, some specific to solve certain problems.

Ada, PL/I, RPG, COBOL, Lisp, Pascal, Java, Modula 3(one of my favourites),
Objective C, Smalltalk, Simula, Python

The list can be made quite long. Which one to choose is largely a question of
taste. It's also dependant on what you want to do.

> And does SuSE use mostly C, or Mostly Perl, or what?

Mostly C++, sadly. It is the devil's spawn, but very popular in the open
source world.

Anders