Upgraded NT4 to W2K part w/o reinstalling Linux 8
  • From: "Bill Burton" <mildness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:35:31 -0500

Woot!

After being told that this was impossibile I updated my windows partition
w/o harming SuSE 8's delicate bits.

1. Original system Dell Laptop Latitude w/30GB disk:
2GB FAT32 Win98SE
14GB FAT32 data

2. Installed SuSE 8 in remaining 12GB

Default install seemingly wanted to use my windows partition so I had to
make adjustments to disk layout suggestions.

Dual booting fine.

3. Upgrade W98SE to W2K no good due to "cant find NT Loader on boot up".

I've never tried this particular upgrade before so this could be par for the
course.

4. Installed NT4 on 1st partition by first *removing* the partition
completely.

5. Upgraded NT4 to W2K

Much to my surprise my box then rebooted to ORIGINAL coolie SuSE OS selector
screen.

Just thought some of you might benefit from this experience, I did!

As soon as I figure out how to get my winmodem working under linux the world
will be a happy place again.

Bill