Re: [SLE] Reference books?
  • From: Joshua Lee <yid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:43:14 -0400
On Wednesday 24 April 2002 08:36 pm, Greg Hicks wrote:
> OK, I have gotten the bottoms of my feet pretty damp with SuSE Linux and am
> getting ready to work myself in up to the ankles. While I do, does anyone
> have a recommendation for a good reference book? I know about man and I

If you want to know more about the power of the Linux command line and tools
a good book is "Unix Power Tools" from O'Reilly, despite the name it's almost
all applicable to Linux; and it's more about tips than power-tools, as most
of the "Power Tools" it discusses are GNU tools already available on almost
every Linux system. A good general reference work is "Linux in a Nutshell"
but it really teach all that much beyond the man pages; although of course
it's clearer than man pages. I'm reading now the new "Linux Administration
Handbook" by Nemeth et al., it's very useful although not for beginners.
--
No good deed goes unpunished.
-- Clare Boothe Luce