Polish That Disk
.
Fine.

To dismiss without investigating is simply ignorant.

I started investigating when I couldn't believe manufacturers had hundreds of
disks on test rigs for hours assiduously doing their low-level formatting.

I realize that this information does not conform to the "rigid orthodoxy",
but it is something I've checked out in-depth.

For those who AREN'T into puking on people, research it
independently. Give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

The rest of you can sod off. You give Linux a bad name with your crap
attitudes. Let's see:
Michael Nelson,
Ben Rosenberg,
SuSEnixER,
Jerry Van Brimmer
Any more?

Do you have any idea how many people you turn off with this attitude? What a
bunch of egotistical fecking garbage.

Mean people SUCK! Feckin' former IBMers.

BTW, my nick alludes to a practice on Slashdot, which newbies are generally
not familiar with.

On Wednesday, 24 April 2002 17:06, you wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:20:13PM -0500, Anon. Coward wrote:
> ->
> -> All modern diskdrives have automatic error-checking, and in some cases
> -> -correction. And NO modern disk drives are low-level formatted at the
> -> factory. (Just LISTEN to me) There is a bit that can be set that does
> -> block-integrity checking during the period of the FIRST TEN POWER-CYCLES
> of -> the drive. After that there is no block-checking, believe it or not.
> ->
> -> If you do NOT fill up that drive within the first ten power-cycles you
> will -> likely have intermittant, unexplained corruptions. This is true
> whether you -> run Winduds, Linux, whatever.
>
> You certainly have an active imagination.
>
> Michael

< Previous Next >