Re: [SLE] Hummingbird & SuSe
Hello all,

I am answering on the list to a question I received in my personal mailbox.

First of all there is a word to everyone using the SuSE list:

Please don't send any email to my sacrosanct mailbox. The mailing list is
there for a good holy reason. People is getting a the bad habit to send mails
out of the mailing list: a) you exclude others from the honor of following,
participate, and learn; b) you fill my personal mailbox

Second, here goes your answer... Perhaps someone in the list knows a better
solution...

I don't know what differences are with the SuSE ES but as long as it follows
the rc.conf and the SuSEconfig way of life this may apply...

When SuSEConfig configures your system checks for the variables set in
/etc/rc.config (from 8.0 it is in /etc/sysconfig). Usually the scripts do
something like:

if variable = 'yes' then apply config

Thus, in case the variable is empty or doesn't exist the SuSEconfig will
bypass this setup. This answers to your question: if you don't have this
variable in rc.config, it the same as you had "variable = no". If you don't
find the variable just add a new line at the end of your rc.config.

If you want to check, look in /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.kdm2 lines 157-179,
here the variable $DISPLAYMANAGER_REMOTE_ACCESS (read from rc.config) is used:

if [ "`echo $DISPLAYMANAGER_REMOTE_ACCESS | tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`" == "yes" ];
the REMOTELOGIN='-e s/^Enable=.*/Enable=true/'
else
REMOTELOGIN='-e s/^Enable=.*/Enable=false/'
fi

Best Regards,
Pep Serrano.

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 21:58, Jon A. Cleveland wrote:
> Pep,
>
> I don't have this parameter in my rc.config.  I'm running SuSe Enterprise
> Server 7.  Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
>
>         Jon.

  • No further messages