Re: [SLE] Suse 8 order/ When will it be on FTP sites?
  • From: Kevin L Hochhalter <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:19:30 -0700
On Tuesday 23 April 2002 21:01 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 April 2002 05:54, rob wrote:
> > I bought my copy of 7.3 Professional.
>
> Cool. I wasn't talking about you in particular. I was
> referring to all those people that litter the net with
> the "gimme gimme gimme" mentality.
>
> > Remember, it was the
> > "freeloaders" and "parasites" that built the base which
> > upon these Linux companies went public.
>
> No it wasn't. Those people paid with their time and
> effort. The people I'm talking about has never done a
> thing except waste people's time screaming about the GPL.
> Remember, the GPL doesn't force SuSE (or anyone else) to
> even have an ftp server at all. The distributions are
> completely free under the GPL to sell their cds and only
> provide source and binaries to the people who pay for it.
>
> Anders

Well said, Anders. I would just like to add to this little thread
that the SuSE distro is amazingly inexpensive. I started adding
up the cost of non-GPL software that is equivalent (nothing
is equivalent to Linux, it's definitely in a class by itself) to what
SuSE has on those seven cd's, and I was stunned. Actually,
I stopped adding after I reached USD 8,000. Download via
ftp if you want to, but for eighty bucks, you can't beat having
those cd's handy.

Kevin

< Previous Next >