Re: [SLE] Custom SuSE kernels?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:56:18 +0200
On Tuesday 23 April 2002 23:21, Anthony W. Marino wrote:
> If I do elect to use plain kernel, are there any special SuSE specific
> steps that I MUST take (ie; SuSEconfig) ???

No, you don't have to run SuSEconfig. Just make sure you have all patches you
need for the system you're running (one *big* reason to go with SuSE kernels
is that they test the patches they apply. If you have two patches that do two
seemingly different things, there is *no* guarantee that they will work well
together).

After that, compile the kernel and any modules you need, install in /boot and
/lib/modules as per usual, edit /etc/lilo.conf and run /sbin/lilo.

Anders