Re: [SLE] BUG report for suse 8.0 ..sigh...
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:10:17 +0200
On Tuesday 23 April 2002 17:24, hwm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The command of the English language is unfortunately very poor among the
> English population contrary to countries like France. I met 'A' level
> student who could not

Hm. Countries like France has a good command of the English language? (Sorry,
couldn't resist)

> It was a bit arrogant, I agree, (or was he just angry?) but this may not
> be with intent, just poorly expressed sentences. Many people just
> not have the feeling for what they say or write when trying to explain
> something in a non-native
> language.

I agree, but if you are writing in a language which isn't your native tongue,
there is all the more reason to be careful how you phrase your sentences. If
you're not sure you can handle complex sentences, keep it simple.

"You are men?"
"You what?"
"You are men with orally?"
"You watch it!"