RE: [SLE] Suse Newbie
  • From: "Michael Garabedian" <mikejr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:46:42 -0400
Have you checked to see if the SuSE telnet sessions have a timeout value
associated with it.
I don't know exactly where that is. Maybe a telnet.conf file or
something like that. You might want to
#locate telnet
#Pico telnet
And see if there is anything in there about timeouts.

I seroiously don't think it is your firewall, unless you have
specifically said for it to time out connections.
And since it has worked with other workstations through the same
firewall, just different o/s, we could assume that it is not the
firewall.

Does anyone know where you can check the settings of your telnet
connections?

I found something in the man pages that points to
.telnetrc but can't see it on the system.