Re: [SLE] Cable modem and two addresses
  • From: Alfredo Cole <alfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:24:00 -0600

El Lun 22 Abr 2002 14:36, escribiste:
> You do not need to do anything to your NIC. Allow access to port
> 80 thru your firewall. (You do have a firewall don't you? If not,
> disconnect your modem until you do.) Configure you Web server to
> listen on all interfaces (the default with Apache).
>
> This has some serious security issues, so a better solution is to
> leave port 80 blocked at the firewall and open port 443 (HTTPS).
> Then configure Apache for HTTPS, create a self-signed certificate
> and install it, etc.
>
> Jeffrey

Jeffrey:

My firewall (pmfirewall) is allowing access to port 80, and I have
apache running. I can connect from within the internal net, like
http://localhost will display my web page. But http://64.86.100.135
will hang, until my browser gives up. I have the second NIC, the one
connected to the cable modem, configured for DHCP and it gets the
10.2.0.248 address at boot time via DHCP. I thought of changing the
IP address to 64.86.100.135, but then it will not access the
internet. Any more suggestions?

Thank you for replying.

- --
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com (Accounting Systems)
http://www.clshonduras.com (Linux Hardware)
PGP Key available from certserver.pgp.com

< Previous Next >