Re: [SLE] If not SuSE, what other distribution?

----- Original Message -----
From: "joe lerch" <jl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 11:04 AM
Subject: [SLE] If not SuSE, what other distribution?

> I have been using SuSE since 5.3, never really took the time to look at
any
> of the other distributions. Are there any other distributions near SuSE in
> completeness and ease?
>
> I have grown used to YaST and liked being able to use it for everything,
and
> enjoyed having all the various software included ready to install and run.
If
> you are a seasoned SuSE user and had to pick another distribution which
would
> it be? Do any others include all the KDE and gnome , and allow you to
easily
> switch between them? Is SuSE a one of a kind type of distribution, if so
why?
> .
>
> thanks in advance
>

> joe
>
> If you feel this is off topic, please send your reply directly via email
> rather than continue to post on the list
>
> --
>

> It is not off-topic for me.
I used SuSE 7.0 and 7.2 and so far I think it is the very best distro
nowadays.Some people prefer other distro's,but it is a question of taste I
think.
I will install suSE back next year when i have money to buy a new HD.
Anyway,really pleased with XP.
If SuSE wants to do better,be my guest.
But it will be a tough job beating XP.
i hope SuSE can do it,however...