Copying / Network Question
  • From: Nick Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:19:42 +0200
Hi, everyone, (sorry if this comes twice)
Finally got Suse 8.0 and I'm preparing mentally and logistically for the upgrade. I have a probably exceptionally dumb question. My Suse machine is on a network with some windows machines. I have the /home/nick networked mapped on my W2K box so that it appears in Windows as H:. But how can I mount the windows drive C: or O: on my Suse machine so that I can do this, as suggested by Fergus last week:

cd /
tar zcf /oldetc.tgz /etc
cp oldetc.tgz /somewhere/safe/off/disk

Thanks in advance,