Re: [SLE] New Athlon Crashes -- Temperature? Kernel?
  • From: Tim Prince <tprince@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:41:39 -0700
On Sunday 21 April 2002 19:16, Robert C. Paulsen Jr. wrote:
> I just replaced my motherboard/processor. Had a 300mhz Pentium II and
> swapped it with an AMD Athlon 2000+. I am having trouble in that the
> system crashes after an hour or so of use. Runs all night if left alone.
>
> I added an extra fan to the case. BIOS reports CPU at 125 degrees F, case
> at about 95 degrees F. Is this too hot?
>
> Is it possible I should be using a different kernel for Athlon?
My flakiest Athlon has SCSI system failures at unpredictable intervals.
Something other than temperature seems likely if it can run all night. I'm
talking about an 1800+ replacement for a fairly solid 1200. I assume you've
checked out the instructions for AGP installation on Athlon, if applicable.
--
Tim Prince