Mouse problems
  • From: "Greg Hicks" <ghicks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:23:40 -0700
I got the video working on my desktop install with the GeForce3 Ti200 card
by downloading the GLX and kernel files from NVidia's website. When I used
rpm on the kernel file it wall went without an error, but when I ran rpm on
the GLX file I got 2 notices that files in that release were in conflict
with the existing files. But my graphics now come up in KDE at 1024x768 like
I wanted. However now my mouse just scoots around the outside border of my
screen and I have to use the keyboard to shut it down. I have reconfigured
my mouse thru Yast and still have the problem.

The files I downloaded were:
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.suse73.i386.rpm
NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2880.suse73.i386.rpm

The conflicted files referred to NVIDIA_GLX-0.8 if I remember right, forgot
to write down the exact notice.

Did the video driver mess up my mouse? And the other problem is if I select
to activate 3D features it tells me something about it being a generic
driver.

TIA

Greg Hicks

< Previous Next >